Any alien in Japan shall apply for his registration to the mayor or head of the city, town or village (of ward, in the case of the part of Tokyo-to which is divided into the special wards or in the case of the cities designated in Article 252-19, Paragraph 1 of the Local Autonomy Law (Law No.67 of 1947); hereinafter the same) in which his residence is located, submitting the documents and photographs specified in the following items, within ninety days of the day of his landing in case he has entered Japan (excepting the case where the alien who had departed from Japan with the re-entry permission under Article 26 of the Immigration Control Act has re-entered Japan and the case where the alien who had departed from Japan with the Refugee Travel Document under Article 61-2-6 of the Immigration Control Act has entered Japan being in possession of the Refugee Travel Document concerned) or within sixty days of the day of his having become an alien or the day of his birth or the occurrence of other relevant causes in case he has become an alien in Japan or when he has come to stay in Japan without following the procedure for landing provided for in Chapter III of the Immigration Control Act due to his birth or other causes:
(1) One application for alien registration;
(3) Two passport-size photographs.
2. In the case of the application under the preceding paragraph, a person under the age of sixteen years shall not be required to submit his photographs.
3. If the mayor of the city or the head of the town or village finds that there are unavoidable circumstances in the case of an alien's application under Paragraph 1, he may extend the period for application mentioned in the same paragraph to another period not exceeding sixty days.
4. In case an alien has filed an application provided for in Paragraph 1, he shall not make the application mentioned in the same paragraph again.